1. These Terms & Conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally, in writing, or other means. The hirer is responsible for the actions of all passengers on board. Any additional costs incurred in completing the contract are the responsibility of the hirer, whether they actually travel with the party or not.
2. All quotations are given subject to A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. All quotations are given for both minibus and a driver together. All quotations, unless otherwise stated, are valid for 7 days from date of issue. Verbal quotations unless booked at the time of quotation, are not binding. If you are not in the position to book immediately, we recommend that you request the quotation in writing.
A NON REFUNDABLE deposit of £50.00 minimum is required to secure a booking. Please note deposit required maybe a higher amount this will be advised to you at the time of booking.
3. The hirer can not assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use, unless this has been agreed with A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd reserves the right to levy additional charges for any additional mileage, or time over and above that which was originally agreed. The charges will be pro-rata, in accordance with the booking confirmation.
4. The maximum numbers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers WILL NOT carry any extra passengers that go over the seating capacity of the vehicle. In the event of additional passengers, you will need to pre-warn A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd who will then attempt to lay on additional vehicle, if required, and if successful, the additional vehicle/s will be at the full cost to the hirer.
5. Animals will not be carried, with the exception of guide dogs.
6. All Monies must be paid in full prior to the hire taking place, unless a deposit has been agreed by one of A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd staff. The hirer and/or credit card holder fully agrees that a chargeback will not be raised on any credit card issuing company with regards to any booking payment/s made.
7. All cancellations must be made by email or verbally over the phone.
If the hirer wishes to cancel the hire 24 hours or later following a booking, all monies paid will be forfeited. If the hirer wishes to cancel the hire within 24 hours of making the booking a £25.00 admin fee will apply.
7.1. Force Majeure
Where unforeseen catastrophic events prevent us from our obligations under our contract with you. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where you suffer any injury, damage, expense or loss of any description as a result of Force Majeure.
8. In the event of an emergency or request by the hirer to vary the originally agreed conditions, A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd reserves the right to and without further liability cancel the contract. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd may not be able to supply alternative transport upon this cancellation. In this event A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd will endeavour to assist the hirer by supplying contact numbers for other coach operators who may be able to provide replacement hire.
The hirer and passengers must have adequate travel insurance in the event of A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd unforeseen cancellations, to cover any unforeseen travelling cost, expenses, and losses. Travel insurance is freely available from most Insurance providers.
9. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired at no additional charge. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd reserves the right to subcontract to another coach operator to cover the hire.
10. Unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to pass on the journey, which A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd will confirm on the confirmation letter, the route taken will be at the discretion of the company and/or driver. The vehicle will depart at the times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
11. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd may give advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time, and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown, delay or other unforeseen circumstances.
12. Driver operating hours are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibly of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to the drivers hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs.
13. All vehicles hired are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The driver shall be the sole judge as to whether property is carried. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd will not accept liability for any damage or loss of property being carried on any vehicle. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd will not accept liability for any damage or loss of property that is left on any vehicle after hire. Any items of found property that have been recovered from a vehicle, will be held at our offices. Full cost of collection is the responsibility of the hirer, or individual passenger. If the hirer, or passenger wishes to collect the property in person, an appointment with A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd must be made prior to collection.
14. The hirer should have adequate travel insurance in the event of cancellation by A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd so the hirer may claim for any unforeseen expense for losses. The hirer and individual passengers are recommended to obtain insurance for those items where, save for negligence, A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd liability is limited (such as delay of luggage).
15. The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations, will be removed on the drivers authority. The hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by hirer or passengers during the hire.
16. Complaints must be made within 7 days of the date of hire, in writing to A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd only accepts standard postal letters not recorded delivery. The hirer and/or card holder agrees that if there is a dispute regarding a booking, a chargeback request will not be raised through any credit card issuer or bank. The hirer and/or card holder agrees to have a fair independent hearing in a County Court if an agreement cannot be made between the hirer and A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd.
17. No bill, poster, or notice, is to be displayed on any vehicle without prior consent of A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd.
18. Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried onboard or consumed upon any vehicle.
19. All minibuses are non-smoking.
20. The quotation given is based on operating costs at the date of the quotation. If more than 28 days elapse between the date of the quotation and the date of departure, the company reserve the right to pass on to the hirer any increase in the cost of fuel or any other increased costs resulting from Government action.
A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd reserves the right to charge a valeting charge for any soiling or damage of vehicles made by the hirer or their passengers. As per the notice on each vehicle the valeting charge is £75.00. A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd may charge an additional £100 refundable sickness and damage deposit for any night time or late night hire.
21. The hirer must only request our services if they agree to these terms and conditions. If they do not understand any of these terms, they must contact us to answer any questions prior to making any bookings. Making a booking, and use of our services, is the hirer’s full acceptance to these terms and conditions.
English Law – Orders are only accepted in that the Law of England shall apply to the contract arising from such an order, and to the determination of the rights and liabilities of the respective parties and in that no action or other proceedings shall be bought by either party in relation to such contract except in a Court of competent jurisdiction in England.
A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
a direct message enquiry you send to us
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, respond to your direct enquiry and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We use third party tools on our website to better understand how our users navigate the site and further improve our products, services and user experience online.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We use Mailchimp to send these emails and to analyse responses.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- You have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to A.L.Bennetts Transport Ltd 47 Stokewood Rd, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH3 7ND.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.